Job Title Quality Engineer Location OK – Sulphur Hwy 7 – Sulphur, OK 73030 US (Primary) Job Description
Responsible for fulfilling the role of Forum Quality expert; this is a hands-on position. Ensure the quality of the parts produced at Forum meet all customer expectations; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Monitor vendor performance and communicate with suppliers on quality issues for resolution, returns and credits. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and FORUMPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Forum supplier quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Work with Engineering to determine critical inspection requirements of received product in conjunction with API Q1 and 6A requirements to maximize throughput in the Receiving Inspection function.
- Provide support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce Forum’ commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Participate in Management of Change reviews.
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of Forum’ customers.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for critical suppliers.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
- Operate within the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process
- Manage quality metrics and process findings and recommendations to the management review team.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five – seven years’ experience operating in a API Q1 and 6A Environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous audit experience.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Technical knowledge of machining and assembly processes
- Formal training and previous experience as a Lead Internal Auditor.
- Project management experience.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Background in GD&T.
Computer Skills: In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience with other quality software applications beneficial. (e.g. statistical analysis)
Job Type Full-time Category ENGINEERING Education Bachelor’s Degree Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager) Travel 10 – 20%