MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company is currently looking for a Safety Specialist/Assistant to support a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
Under limited supervision from the Project Manager, the primary responsibilities are:
• Assist in the control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
• Assist with work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
• Provide documentation of accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Assist with the creation of documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Work in a manner to insure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assure employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.
• Associate’s degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• At least 5 years of construction and/or industrial safety experience.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Construction, Electrical Engineering, Field Work
• Prior experience with water/wastewater construction.
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• BCSP certifications.
• O.S.H.A. 510; OSHA 500.
• First Aid/CPR certified and trainer.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Enviro Health/Safety Eng 1 – Triumph Group
Posted: Jul 24, 2017
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental, health and safety regulations and/or company policies.
Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements. Finds, evaluates, and prepares contracts for properly licensed hazardous waste disposal firms and monitors waste handling. Organizes and equips spill?control teams. Writes and updates environmental and spill control manuals and procedures. Prepares environmental impact statements and applies for all new permits and renewals. Provides input to federal and state regulators through trade associations and industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations.
- Develop and implement programs that comply with federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations
- Investigate all safety and occupational health related injuries/accidents
- Implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurance of injuries and incidents
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and understand how the impact business
- Interact with agency contacts & lead on-site visit or inspections from EHS regulatory personnel
- Explore/Implement recycling and reuse of plant wastes
- Perform IH monitoring of manufacturing areas, intrepret the results and implement changes as required
- Maintain records in accordance to appropriate standards and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned
- The successful candidate will typically have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experiencee developing and implementing occupational safety, industrial health, and environmental programs.
- Preferred ES&H certifications or in process to acquire
- Industry recognized certification such as; National Safety Council Advanced Certificate or Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial Hygeine, Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering, or another field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, and State and Local regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office